Monday, December 28, 2015

Dressing Table | Essentials

If you read my last post, you would know that I got a beautiful refurbished Canon camera for Christmas. (Thanks mommy) I haven't left my house much yet since Christmas day but I've been really eager to take pictures with my new toy. I decided to make a post of all the essential items kept on my dressing table. Be sure to expect a lot of artsy, fartsy, photography pictures in the future as well :-)
Makeup Storage is so important to me now that I actually like to invest in nice makeup and I sort-of know what I am doing. I got these clear draws from Amazon - link in my last post. My makeup brushes are held in a mason jar to keep with the transparent storage theme. Also, I have threeroll on Victoria Secret perfumes (Angel, Heavenly and Bombshell- all smell amazing) in a glass holder from Michaels.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to put moisturizer on. I usually apply it twice a day - once before I apply my make up and then right before bed. I would say Cocoa Butter is like a moisturizer for your lips. I put this on constantly throughout the day but I do make sure that while I'm applying my make up I smother my lips in Cocoa butter so that they stay smooth and hydrated. Behind the two medium sized bottles is a bottle of Johnson's baby lotion which I definitely recommend. It's made for babies so it works really nice of you have sensitive skin like me.

As of right now, these are my go-to smells. They are both very new to me. I was using Alien for about 5 years when I decided that I needed a new signature scent. The Chloe perfume is a christmas present that I picked out for myself and I'm still getting used to it. It's a really sophisticated smell, it has undertones of rose, amber and honey. I do love it but it is pretty floraly which I do not usually go for. The Calvin Klein one is something my mom used to wear. She gave it to me because I was complaining about how I had no light, day-time smells. It smells nice but it's not something I would pick out for myself. 

If you have not picked up Aziz Ansari's book Modern Romance, then what are you doing with your life? It's hysterical - although I am only on page 45. It's a perfect mixture of romance, comedy and research. Beside this book is my favorite thing, my Fujifilm polaroid camera. This camera is great for capturing moments quickly and being able to have them printed on the spot. I love to take pictures of me and my friends with this camera and hang the polaroids around my room. Also, it makes a great present!

So I know this is a different type of post but I hope you guys enjoyed it! If you would like to see more stuff like this, please let me know in the comments - Don't be shy!! 

Thanks for reading guys!
Miranda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment